Sunday, August 8, 2010

marshmallow popcorn

I can't take credit for this one...my sister in law gave us this recipe along with all the ingredients for Christmas. I have to admit I was a bit hesitant to put marshmallows with popcorn but so glad we tried it. We fell in LOVE. Anyway I am not one to keep a yummy recipe to myself so here is the recipe. Go try it...it is so yummy! WARNING...you might eat the whole bowl.

Marshmallow Popcorn
Popcorn (two bags of microwave popcorn)
1 Cube Butter
1/4 Cup Karo Syrup
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
10 oz. Bag of Mini Marshmallows

Pop popcorn. Mix marshmallows and popcorn in large bowl. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan. Add sugar and Karo syrup. Bring to a rapid boil for one minute. Take off heat and quickly add vanilla. Pour over popcorn and marshmallows. Stir well until popcorn is coated and marshmallows are melting. Eat and enjoy!*When using microwave popcorn, try to remove un-popped kernels from the bottom of the bowl before adding the marshmallows and syrup mixture.

No comments: