I know some of you don't like seafood, but for those of you who do and also like things with a kick this is a good one and it's easy!
1 1/2 c. uncooked white rice
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1 lb. small frozen shrimp
Cayenne pepper to taste
2 T. butter
Minced garlic (I use pre-minced garlic in the jar and do a couple teaspoons)
1 10.75 oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
1 8 oz. container of sour cream
3/4 c. shredded cheese (sharp cheddar & swiss) (I just use Cheddar)
1. Preheat broiler. Grease 8 x 8 baking dish.
2. Cook rice according to package directions. Transfer to greased baking dish.
3. Sauté mushrooms in butter, garlic, and Maggi seasoning. (I couldn't find Maggie Seasoning so I leave it out)
4. Heat oil in small skillet over medium heat. Place thawed shrimp in skillet and warm up (1-2 minutes). Season with cayenne pepper. (you can always add more pepper later so don't over do it like I did the first time!)
5. Mix in soup and sour cream with mushrooms and cook until heated through but don’t bring to a boil.
6. Add shrimp to mixture and cook until heated through. (Here is where you can add more pepper and taste since the shrimp is cooked)
7. Scoop skillet mixture over rice in baking dish and top with cheese.