Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes
(from institute a couple weeks ago)

Cupcake:
Buy Yellow Cake Mix and follow the directions on the box except do NOT add water. Instead add one (15 or 16 oz) oz can of Pumpkin. Bake as directed.

Icing:
Beat 8 oz. of Cream Cheese with 1 Cup of Powdered Sugar

The cupcakes will go further than one pan. Every time I make it I get exactly 1.5 pans. Once the cupcakes are cooled you can ice. The first time I made them, I was a little too generous with the icing, so be a little conservative when icing, but don't be cheap with it! It's too yummy to not lather :) You can top with candy corn or candy pumpkin but just a warning... put the candy on right before serving, because the color will run off and look tacky. Even if it looks tacky, it will still taste pretty dang yummy (I made it and refrigerated the night before).

It's a really easy recipe and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

No comments: