Thursday, November 18, 2010

Crock Pot Tortilla Soup

I haven't contributed for awhile, but was typing up a recipe I made today and thought I would post it here as well. Thanks to everyone who has shared so many good recipes. This is my go to site for dinner now. : ) This is like Sister's Cafe tortilla soup, but I "enhanced" it to work with what I had on hand. Really easy and really good.


Crock Pot Tortilla Soup
3 Large Frozen Chicken Breasts
½ C Water
3 Chicken Bullion Cubes
Chili Powder
Oregano
2 15 oz Cans Black Beans Strained
2 14.5 oz Cans Diced Tomatoes
1 16 oz Bag Frozen Corn
1 7 oz Can of Dice Green Chilis
1 15 oz Can Tomato Sauce
1 14½ oz Can Chicken Broth
1 C Medium Salsa
Cook chicken on low until shreddable (approx. 4 hours). Empty all juice from crock-pot, shred chicken and replace back in crock-pot. Season chicken with chili powder and oregano to taste. Add the rest of ingredients and continue cooking on low for another 3-4 hours. Top with cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips when serving. You could even half this recipe to easily feed just 2 adults and kids.


No comments: