Tuesday, November 23, 2010

carmelitas

these are by far my favorite dessert. probably because they have three sticks of butter in them. whatever.

Carmelitas

2 cups flour
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cubes melted butter
11 oz milk chocolate chips
1 jar Mrs. Richardson's butterscotch caramel

Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix Well. Add melted butter and mix.

Take half the batter and press into a 9 x 13 pan (spray it with Pam first). Bake for 17 minutes at 325 degrees. Take out - sprinkle chocolate chips and then drizzle caramel. Crumble the rest of the batter on top. Bake for another 17 minutes at 325 degrees. Let sit for 3-4 hours (if you're in a hurry you can put it in the freezer for about an hour and a half and it'll be good). Cut and enjoy!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I think this is very similar to a recipe that Kirsten Burningham made and brought to institute. They were soooo good. I can see why they are your favorites!

Susan said...

I made these yesterday but only used 2 sticks of butter. I think they turned out really good. I think I used too much caramel though, and didn't like that too much. But overall, very yummy.