8 country style pork spare ribs (I like boneless)
1 (2 liter) bottle Dr. Pepper
5 garlic cloves, slightly smashed
1 tbsp. liquid smoke
1 large onion, quartered
Your favorite barbecue sauce (I am a huge fan of Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Place ribs in large stock pot. (Or crock pot, which is my preference)
- Pour Dr. Pepper over ribs to cover.
- Add garlic, liquid smoke and onion.
- Bring to boil, lower to simmer and cook until ribs are tender. (Or just cook in crock pot all day on low)
- Place ribs in baking pan.
- Pour barbecue sauce on ribs.
- Bake at 350 F. for about 30 to 45 minutes. (Next time I make these, I think I'm going to throw them on the BBQ grill, instead of baking them.)